Painful shoulder complications are one of the principal reasons why many people visit a medical practitioner. Did you know that the shoulder is the most mobile joint in the entire body? This makes it susceptible to instability, pain, and injury. Shoulder pain may turn your daily tasks such as fastening a bra, drying your hair, or grabbing something overhead into a monumental effort. Thankfully, shoulder pain responds well to chiropractic care. At Lally Chiropractic Clinic, we have been sharing the benefits of chiropractic care with residents of Yakima, WA for many years. many of our patients visit us for the first time looking for shoulder pain relief.
Shoulder Pain Issues
Musculoskeletal issues that often occur alongside shoulder pain include:
- Long-term pain and stiffness
- Pain that gets pronounced when you move your arm or shoulder
- Pain emanating from the top of the shoulder between the shoulder joint and collarbone
- Abrupt and excruciating pain limiting your ability to move your arm or shoulder
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your shoulder pain before creating a chiropractic care plan to relieve it. Potential causes of shoulder pain include the following.
A shoulder is most susceptible to dislocation because of its ability to move in different directions. Dislocation of a shoulder transpires when the head of the humerus bone becomes disconnected from its socket.
Rotator Cuff Tendonitis and Bursitis
Rotator cuff tendonitis occurs when the rotator cuff becomes inflamed or damaged. It's also caused by age-related degenerative alterations within the tendons. Bursitis happens when the bursae, which is the lining that cushions the bones and the tendons, becomes inflamed or irritated.
Frozen shoulder syndrome occurs when the lining of the capsule located in the ball socket joint becomes inflamed. This irritation propagates the shoulder capsule to thicken and become tight, causing pain and immobility.
How Can a Chiropractor Help You Relieve Shoulder Pain?
Our chiropractor uses various techniques to relieve shoulder pain. They include:
- Spinal alignment: This suppresses pain and amplifies the range of motion in your shoulders.
- Myofascial Release: This technique relaxes the contracted muscles releasing fascia that conceals the muscle.
- Graston Technique: This technique will break up scar tissue and adhesions to restore your mobility.
- Electronic Stimulation: This technique primarily offers pain relief and muscle therapy.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Shoulder Pain Treatment in Yakima, WA
If you are looking for shoulder pain treatment in Yakima, WA, the sports injury professionals at Lally Chiropractic Clinic are ready to assist you. Call us today at (509) 248-0301 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.