Even a minor car accident can be a traumatic experience. Sometimes health concerns arise days or even weeks after an accident occurs. It's not unusual for an individual to suffer from headaches after being involved in any type of auto collision. At Lally Chiropractic Clinic in Yakima, we can provide the expert chiropractic care that you need to recover from headaches that result from automobile accidents.
Reasons Headaches Can Occur After a Car Accident
After experiencing an accident, you might have headaches immediately or several days after the accident. You might be experiencing a general tension headache or even migraines that cause nausea, dizziness, and light sensitivity. Cervicogenic headaches are those that cause headache pain that starts in the neck area. Several types of accidents can cause headaches.
- Whiplash - Whiplash is one of the most common problems associated with car accidents. The head whips back and forth quickly, often causing damage to the back, neck, or head.
- Blunt Trauma - This occurs when your head hits the dashboard, window, or door during an accident. Sometimes individuals are thrown from the car during an accident and hit their heads on an object outside of the vehicle.
- Airbag Injuries - Although airbags often save lives, they can sometimes cause injuries to the head, face, and jaw.
Chiropractic Care Can Help
The medical establishment will often provide treatment that will only mask the pain. A trained chiropractor can get to the root of the issue and may be able to reduce or even eliminate your headaches. The following are a few of the treatment options that chiropractors may use:
- Spinal Adjustments - Adjusting the spine can affect how the central nervous system works and may help in reducing headaches.
- Adjusting Body Posture - Even how you sit and walk can affect pain throughout the body. Better posture can reduce tension in the muscles in your neck and head.
- Massage Therapy - Massage not only feels good but can improve circulation to the head and neck area, reducing pain.
Contact Lally Chiropractic Clinic in Yakima, WA
At Lally Chiropractic Clinic in Yakima, we focus on improving your overall health and reducing pain. If you're struggling with headaches after a car accident, our experienced professionals can provide you with high-quality chiropractic care. We also offer care for sports injuries, sciatica, back pain, and herniated discs. Whether you need to relieve pain from an auto accident or want to relax with massage therapy, contact Lally Chiropractic for more information. Call our team today at (509) 248-0301 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.